Why you should trust the care of your machine to Timeless Quilts & Sewing Center
- We are a factory Authorized BERNINA and JANOME Repair Center.
- We Service All Brands of Machines.
- All Service and Repairs are completed On-Site by a Certified Technician.
- As an Authorized BERNINA Dealer, we have the required "brick and mortar" storefront...we're not working from home or a traveling van.
- We are committed to providing you with superior customer service and support.
- As an Authorized BERNINA Dealer, we are obligated to meet the stringent requirements of Bernina of America.
- We have authorized access to the current technical updates from BERNINA of America.
- As an Authorized Dealer, we use only authentic, quality BERNINA parts and accessories.
- Only Authorized BERNINA Dealers, like us, can service your machine without voiding the warranty. Once an "independent" has opened your BERNINA, even for routine maintenance, your generous BERNINA warranty has been voided. If you have had your BERNINA serviced by an "independent" technician, let us know so we can help.
When you bring your machine in for service, please include the following:
- Embroidery Unit (If Applicable)
- Bernina Stitch Regulator–If Applicable
- Power Cord
- Foot Control
- #1 Presser Foot
- #3A Presser Foot (Buttonhole)
- #9 or #15 Presser Foot (Embroidery Units Only)
- Bobbin Case
- General Sewing Stitch Plate (Not Straight Stitch Plate)
- If you are bringing in your sewing machine and embroidery unit to be updated, please save your designs on a personal design card, CD, or hard drive.
Tips from Our Service and Repair Department
- Remove pins as you sew. Do not sew over them. You risk breaking a needle, which could fly in your face or cause a burr on the hook. If you break a needle, be sure to find and remove all broken pieces.
- Use Bernina needles. Change the needle and oil the hook every 3-4 sewing hours. Take one of our "Tips from the Tech" classes to learn how to care for your machine and enhance your machine's performance.
- If your needle gets jammed in your fabric, disconnect the needle from the needle bar in order to remove the needle. Do not use the hand wheel to pry the needle out.
- Do not use canned air to clean out the hook area of your machine. Lint flies up and may damage the computer boards.
- Never use abrasives on the outer covers or touch screen. Any type of mild cleaning agent, such as 409, should be sprayed onto a cloth and then applied to clean covers. Never use acetone, mineral spirits or harsh chemicals.
- SURGE PROTECTORS ARE A MUST FOR ALL SEWING MACHINES! Recommended protection of at least 1000 joules.